Most Common Beer League Hockey player Excuses
We posted an article about a list of the top 10 goalie excuses. ( Find it here : Top 10 Goalie Excuses). We had goalies emailing us asking, “what about all those player excuses that goalies hear?” We agree. To be fair to all of the goalies out there we got together and made a list of the most common beer league hockey player excuses. You might wonder why it’s the most common instead of the top 10. Easy! It’s because us players have more excuses than you can shake a stick at.
15. I would have scored but I got hooked on that play
14. I’m so freaking drunk right now
13. I’m trying out a different curve so my shots are all over the place
12. I thought my liney had the goal scorer
11. The Zam driver sucks. The puck is bouncing all over the place
10. This ice is too soft
9. This ice is too hard
8. The other team brought out ringers to beat us
7. Our goalie has to stop that shot
6. I would have caught him but I blew my knee out in Jr. B
5. You put me on the line with biggest plug on the team
4. I forgot to get my skates sharpened
3. This ref hates me
2. Pay my fees? … I forgot my checkbook at home. I’ll get ya next time
And last but not least.. this might be the most common and the most hated excuse by beer leaguers. If you’re someone who is going to use this… just stay home.
1. It was my turn for beer? I completely forgot!
There ya have it! Share this with someone who has used a few of these to let them know you’re on to them. Share your best excuses below in the comments.
Are you a beer leaguer? Like what we do? Consider supporting the show via Patreon or by shopping on Amazon. Shopping on Amazon doesn’t cost you any extra but they give the show a kick back. All you have to do is click the picture or link below.
May 23, 2018