Moderator: carlo

Duchess

Re: Listener Questions to Win a Free Base Hockey Stick

Post by Duchess » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:52 pm

Does your team charge subs?

Pappy_Hour

Post by Pappy_Hour » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:43 pm

I know many boutique companies boast that their sticks are made from the same materials or look the same as the big three manufacturers (Bauer, CCM, Warrior) at half the price. That may be but do these companies do the scientific testing and research to tune their sticks like the big companies? The sticks may look the same but do they perform the same?

Jusrelaxin

Post by Jusrelaxin » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:01 pm

We got a guy or two on our team that will always shoot no matter how terrible an opportunity or how open everyone else is. I have only been playing for 3 years but play enough to know that this is costing us and teams are starting to read it too easily. How would you go about approaching these guys about this in a way that wont create animosity on the team? These guys could double their stats hands down if they started making plays instead of wasting the chances.

quizzy91

Post by quizzy91 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:41 pm

How do you feel about women dressing in the same dressing room as the men? Doesn’t seem to be an issue in Calgary, but when you go to a smaller town to play they are thrown off by having a woman in the room.

Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:42 pm

quizzy91 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:41 pm
How do you feel about women dressing in the same dressing room as the men? Doesn’t seem to be an issue in Calgary, but when you go to a smaller town to play they are thrown off by having a woman in the room.
Great Question.

YYZ2YZF

Post by YYZ2YZF » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:15 pm

At what point do you lock the door and not dress more players.
Our team has 18 skaters typically we have 8-12 skaters show up to a game. Once in a while, everyone decides to show up. We lock the door at 15.
I hate playing with too many players. Even at 15, I don't want to play if we had an option for cash back for declining a game where we were going to have 15 I'd take it.
It sucks because everyone pays to play however if we didn't have 18 skaters on our roster we would have 6 guys out quite a bit.

What do other teams do?

Also it should be noted in our league you can not use a sub. You can put extra players on your roster for $50 for insurance but they can not be on another teams roster.

YYZ2YZF

Post by YYZ2YZF » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:37 pm

Jusrelaxin wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:01 pm
We got a guy or two on our team that will always shoot no matter how terrible an opportunity or how open everyone else is. I have only been playing for 3 years but play enough to know that this is costing us and teams are starting to read it too easily. How would you go about approaching these guys about this in a way that wont create animosity on the team? These guys could double their stats hands down if they started making plays instead of wasting the chances.
I hope they are your star players. You should encourage them to keep it up you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Thslax05

Post by Thslax05 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:00 pm

Here's my question, how do you address the player who takes 4 minute shifts when he's a good player, but refuses to sub.

Thanks!

rchlgators

Post by rchlgators » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:21 pm

Heel to toe, or toe to heel?

Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:32 pm

First Base Stick winner was announced in Episode 169
http://beerleaguetalk.com/podcasts/epis ... -but-nick/